What’s the difference between Pre Workout and Protein Powder?
Both pre-workout supplements and protein powders can be a great tool to use, but they have very different objectives.
Pre-Workout is a supplement which generally improves energy levels, focus and stamina for endurance. They come in many different forms and can contain ingredients such as creatine, taurine, amino acids and beta alanine. These can help with muscle fatigue and recovery after your workout. Pre-workout often also includes some caffeine which helps with energy levels as well as focus.
Protein powder on the other hand, is generally taken after a workout to provide all the essential amino acids your body needs to repair damaged muscle and grow new muscle fibers. Its purpose is not to improve performance, but for lean muscle growth and to improve muscle strength.
Was this article helpful?
- How long after a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- How much time before a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- Can I drink Protein Powder during a workout?
- What does Protein Powder do for you after a workout?
- Is it good to have a Protein Shake before a workout?
- What is the best post workout Protein Powder?