Why is Protein Powder good for weight loss?
Protein powder is good for weight loss because it prevents cravings for far longer than fats and carbs. Protein increases the levels of hormones such as PYY, CCK and GLP-1. These hormones are appetite suppressing. It also reduces the level of ghrelin which is known as the hunger hormone. When your stomach is empty it releases ghrelin which sends a message to your brain letting you know you need to eat. Protein prevents the release of this hormone for longer so you don’t crave food as often.
Was this article helpful?
- Can Protein Powder be used to replace breakfast?
- How do I use Protein Powder as a meal replacement?
- What type of Protein Powder is best for meal replacement?
- How do I make a meal replacement shake with protein powder?
- Where can I buy Keto Protein Powder?
- Can you have Protein Powder on keto?