When do I take whey protein for muscle gain?
Whey protein powder should be consumed directly after a workout for muscle gain. After a workout your body enters an anabolic phase within about 45 minutes. During this time, new muscle cells are created which together form new muscle fibers. This provides a gain in muscle size and strength.
When you take whey protein directly after a workout, it’s rapidly digested and your body is flooded with a ready supply of essential amino acids. This provides the building blocks for your body to grow these new muscle cells.
Was this article helpful?
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?