What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?
All complete protein powders will aid with muscle recovery after a workout, but some protein powders are higher in leucine, which plays the largest role in muscle health. These in order include whey, pea and rice protein powders.
There is a great amount of research done and whey has been shown by far, to provide the greatest benefit for muscle recovery. Whey protein powders come in several forms including the less pure concentrate and the more refined isolate. A third form called a hydrolyzate is the most refined form of whey and has been shown to raise insulin levels more than other forms of protein which can enhance your muscle growth following a workout.
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- How can I build muscle without Protein Powder?