What does Protein Powder do for you after a workout?
Once you consume protein powder, your body goes to work breaking down and absorbing the essential amino acids contained within the protein. These are absorbed into your blood where they travel throughout your body for use. These essential amino acids are used to form new cells throughout your body, but after a workout they are mainly needed for the repair of muscle fibers.
When you workout your muscles, you cause damage to the muscle fibers. Your body repairs your muscles by growing new fibers alongside the damaged muscle fibers. This helps grow bigger and stronger muscles. Having a ready supply of essential amino acids is key for optimal muscle repair and growth. Taking protein powder directly after a workout ensures your body has all it needs for muscle growth when you body needs it.
Was this article helpful?
- How long after a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- How much time before a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- Can I drink Protein Powder during a workout?
- What’s the difference between Pre Workout and Protein Powder?
- Is it good to have a Protein Shake before a workout?
- What is the best post workout Protein Powder?