What do I look for in Protein Powder for weight loss?
A good protein powder for weight loss should have a high protein content with as few net carbohydrates and fats as possible. Net carbohydrates can be worked out by checking the nutritional facts label and subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols from the total carbohydrate content. Carbohydrates and fats are easily stored by the body as fat stores and fat has a massive 9 calories per gram.
Most important of all, you should look for a protein powder flavor you like and can enjoy. It’s hard to keep to a diet routine if you don’t enjoy your meal replacement shake. Vanilla protein powders offer the most versatile source as it can be used to mix your on favorite flavors on top of.
Whey and egg protein powders are the most effective but if you are a vegan, then a blend of rice and pea protein powder offers an excellent weight loss protein alternative.
Was this article helpful?
- Can Protein Powder be used to replace breakfast?
- How do I use Protein Powder as a meal replacement?
- What type of Protein Powder is best for meal replacement?
- How do I make a meal replacement shake with protein powder?
- Where can I buy Keto Protein Powder?
- Can you have Protein Powder on keto?