Is Protein Powder necessary after a workout?
Protein supplements are not essential for the development of lean muscle strength and a good high protein diet of whole foods can supply all that you need.
However the benefit of protein powder, is that it delivers a concentrated source of amino acids when needed during the anabolic phase, directly after a workout. Protein powder is quickly and efficiently digested when compared with whole foods and prevents the need for eating large portions from protein sources such as meat or eggs. These can also include saturated fats, cholesterol and carbohydrates.
Protein powder is not essential to achieve lean muscle strength, but provides the most effective means to achieve this goal.
Was this article helpful?
- How long after a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- How much time before a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- Can I drink Protein Powder during a workout?
- What’s the difference between Pre Workout and Protein Powder?
- What does Protein Powder do for you after a workout?
- Is it good to have a Protein Shake before a workout?