How much Protein Powder should I take to build muscle?
The amount of protein powder you need to build muscle largely depends on your workout routine. As a guide, you should be consuming between 0.35 and 0.75 grams of protein per pound of body weight a day. This of course depends on the level of activity you have. A single serve of protein powder after each workout should be sufficient to supply your essential amino acid needs for muscle growth. It is not recommended to take more than 25-30 grams of protein as a serve. Your body can only digest around 25-30 grams of protein over a 2-3 hour digestion period.
You should also ensure you do not take more than 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day. Taking excessive protein has been linked to potential side effects.
Was this article helpful?
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?