How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
The amount of protein you should consume depends on the amount of activity you perform. In general a single serve of protein powder after each workout should be sufficient to provide all the essential amino acids your muscles need for repair and an increase in muscle strength. Taking in excess of 25-30 grams of protein after a workout is not necessary as your body can only digest around 25-30 grams of protein over a 2-3 hour period.
As a guide, you should consume around 0.35-0.75 grams of protein, per pound of body weight in a day. This is dependant on your activity level. You should not consume more than 1 gram of protein per pound a day, as excessive use has been linked with undesirable health effects.
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?
- How can I build muscle without Protein Powder?