How does Protein Powder build muscle?
When protein powder is consumed after a workout, its digested in the stomach where acid and enzymes break it down into amino acids. These amino acid molecules are transported into the bloodstream by special cells that line the walls of your small intestine. From your bloodstream they are transported to every part of your body for use.
While your body can create most of the amino acids required for your body, there are 9 it cannot. These 9 amino acids are often referred to as the “Essential Amino Acids” and these must be consumed in order for the human body to remain healthy and build new muscle.
When you workout muscles, the muscle fibers are damaged and your body grows new muscle fibers in their place. These muscle fibers are formed from cells made from the amino acids from protein. This regeneration process increases muscle size and strength.
Was this article helpful?
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?