How do I choose protein powder for muscle gain?
The best protein powder for muscle gain should be high in protein content, but low in fats and carbohydrates. The protein powder should also be a complete protein and include all of the 9 essential amino acids needed by the body. Protein powders sourced from animals are complete as is soy protein. Other plant based proteins need to be blended to form a complete protein source. We recommend the use of a blend of pea and rice protein powder for best results.
Different protein sources are digested at different rates and their included amino acids can also be more bioavailable from some sources than others. Whey protein powders are generally the most effective for muscle gain, but egg protein powder is also especially effective. If you are vegan then a source such as pea and rice protein powder is an excellent option to consider.
- Can you build muscle with just Protein Powder?
- What kind of Protein Powder should I use to build muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle without working out?
- How much Protein Powder per day to gain muscle?
- Does Protein Powder build muscle faster?
- What is the best protein powder for muscle recovery?