Are Protein Shakes necessary for weight loss?
Protein shakes are not necessary for weight loss, but they can be a useful tool. Protein shakes make an excellent meal replacement for weight loss and help stave off hunger for longer than fats or carbs. Protein does this by increasing the levels of hormones such as PYY, CCK and GLP-1. These hormones suppress your appetite and allow you to reach your next meal without unhealthy snacking in between. The protein from protein shakes also reduces your ghrelin levels. Ghrelin is known as the hunger hormone. Your stomach releases Ghrelin to let your brain know when its time to eat again as your stomach empties.
- Can Protein Powder be used to replace breakfast?
- How do I use Protein Powder as a meal replacement?
- What type of Protein Powder is best for meal replacement?
- How do I make a meal replacement shake with protein powder?
- Where can I buy Keto Protein Powder?
- Can you have Protein Powder on keto?