Are Protein Shakes good for you after a workout?
Protein shakes provide an excellent source of essential amino acids after a workout. These amino acids are absorbed into your blood and allow for new muscle fibers to be grown to repair damaged muscle. Protein shakes are not high in fat, cholesterol or carbohydrates and are quickly digested after a workout. This makes a protein shake a very effective tool for the development of lean muscle strength as part of your workout routine.
Was this article helpful?
- How long after a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- How much time before a workout should I take Protein Powder?
- Can I drink Protein Powder during a workout?
- What’s the difference between Pre Workout and Protein Powder?
- What does Protein Powder do for you after a workout?
- Is it good to have a Protein Shake before a workout?